Sunday 28 December 2014

Sunday Roast Chicken (by G)

I thought it would be nice to have something other than pork for a change. I was wrong.

I lovingly oven roasted a free range chicken that I had seasoned up with some salt, pepper, paprika (why not) and dried parsley (for eye appeal).  When it came out I was anticipating amazing flavour from this outrageously expensive bird, unfortunatley it was bland to the point of being unpleasant. Even after dinner I would forget how bland it was and pick bits off the carcass thinking, 'This is going to be good'. Nope, it was not good.

The roasted potato, sweet potato and corn - on the other hand - were great. As was the chicken-style gravy I made with some chicken-style stock. I couldn't use the drippings from the roasting pan becasue it was basically pure flavourless fat.

No comments: