Friday 5 December 2014

Fish Finger Sandwiches (by G)

I started the day with a different plan for dinner, but partway through I got a sudden and enduring hankering for some dirty fish finger sandwiches.  You can't get the really crappy fish fingers that we had as kids with the big buttery crumbs though I did a pretty good job of fish finger selection by getting absolutely the cheapest fish fingers I could find - 40 of them to a pack.

The other important component of a fish finger sandwich is cheese slices - I got a no-name brand jumbo pack hoping that they would be the correct plastic texture, they were.

Cheese and Seafood are generally a no-no in food terms but cheese slices are virtually devoid of any cheese and I'm pretty doubtful as to the fish content in fish fingers so they are a perfect combination. Especially when you add a healthy topping of mayonnaise.

The lettuce and tomato were an afterthought and didn't detract too much from my enjoyment of dinner.

No comments: