Tuesday 30 December 2014

Instant Tacos and Tortillas (by G)

Despite my excellent efforts over the Christmas period in eating most of the enormous leg of pork I cooked up there is still a significant quantity bagged up in the freezer. There was not much option but to have pork this Tortilla Tuesday. For something different I decided to get an instant taco kit.

I simmered a big hunk of the tender leftover pork with the seasoning sachet provided along with some water until it had almost dissolved. There was also some kind of red salsa provided so I stirred that through the pork mix as well. To my delight the instant taco kit I bought came with both hard tacos and soft tortilla wraps. I decided to have both, simply served with the pork mixture, some lettuce and tomato (no cheese - I've been eating too much cheese lately, if you believe in such a thing).

I was concerned at how much seasoning powder came with the taco kit, I thought the meat would turn out to be too powerfully salty and spicy. I think half the seasoning must have been sugar because the meat turned out to be a little bland but sweet.

It was not too bad, I'd rather provide my own flavourings though.

No comments: