Monday 15 December 2014

Monday Salad (by G)

Biggs left me a bunch of leftovers from her rice paper rolls (lettuce, carrot sticks, capsicum, some coriander), so I thought I should leverage that into a salad.

I personally have had a bunch of beetroot and a piece of goat's milk cheese in the fridge for a couple of weeks and they seemed like some good salad additions.

The beetroot was simply oven roasted and then peeled whereas I balled up pieces of the cheese in glad wrap then froze them. Once they were solid I dusted them in flour, then egg washed them and crumbed them. I went a bit overboard with the temperature when frying them so a couple had some darkish patches - the were great never the less.

There was a dressing for the salad - oil, cider vinegar, lime juice and dijon mustard - the less said about that the better. Oh, and there was a soft boiled egg - classy.

I think the camera on my phone has some default 1960's cookbook filter on it - it is the only way I can explain why the photo came out like that.

No comments: