Wednesday 24 December 2014

Ham And Eggs And Steak (by G)

I've been eating mostly vegetarian for the last few weeks to save up for the end of year period - the idea being that now I can eat as much meat as I like guilt free.

As Biggs is in the West for Christmas and I bought a half leg of ham to eat by myself I decided to get stuck into it straight away.  Ham and Eggs are a classic combination so I fried a couple of eggs.

The steak was a late addition - It has been a long time since I've had steak. The steak was not great, too lean. Other than the steak dinner was most pleasing - just a dollop of mustard and a sprig of parsley (an old butcher's trick to make it look like a balanced meal).

You may think that someone who has to eat half a leg of ham by himself went a bit easy with the quantity of ham. Not shown is the huge quantity of cold ham I had prior to dinner - and the modest amount of cold ham I had for dessert.



No comments: