Sunday 9 June 2013

6 in 1 Barbecue (By G)

For reasons I won't go into here, I was required to barbecue six things.

I decided on a nice piece of steak, chicken tenders with satay sauce, pork skewers with a red onion and coriander relish, a hamburger, lamb koftas and pork chipolatas with mashed potato.

I was not much looking forward doing so many barbecued items because I know from painful experience that it's a bit tricky to cook different kinds of meats at the same time, make sides and serve everything warm.  Today everything was cooked pretty well, the chicken was pretty overdone but - most importantly - not raw. The kofta and hamburger needed more flavour, the satay sauce needed less flavour (it reduced down too much and got very salty - I didn't realise it was still on the heat).

All in all though I'm pretty pleased with how long weekend barbecue turned out.

1 comment:

Biggs said...

I was very very impressed with G tonight. I did a count and yep, six in one.

I was impressed that everything wasn't dried out given how much G had "on his plate". The steak was moist, chicken tasty, pork salty and yum, lamb kofta scrumptious and hamburger...I guess could have done with a touch more flavour but still pretty good.

Chipolatas - always a winner.