Friday 21 June 2013

Mizu (by Biggs)

I was out for dinner tonight....not just to avoid that wacky thing that G cooked....but also to see my friends Fi and Dan and celebrate it being Friday.

We went to Mizu, a Japanese restaurant that has opened up on Hardgrave Road in the old Red Hen which had opened up in the old Tongue and Groove. I've established that any business opening in this address is awesome.

We put Dan in charge of ordering which was an excellent decision because delivered to our table was: sashimi, goma-ae (green beans in sweet sesame dressing), agedashi tofu, takoyaki, isobe age (tempura fried fish cake), chicken kara-age, miso soup and koshihikari rice. I don't know what koshihikari rice is but it was sort of sweet with black sesame seeds. Oh, there was a chicken thigh thing too that was super tasty. It was all super tasty. Then we had azuki, banana and chocolate in spring roll form for dessert with green tea ice-cream. I could have taken a photo of a table full of awesomeness but I didn't want to be a wanker so here is just a teaser.

I can't recommend this restaurant enough....friendly, tasty, affordable. Speaking of which, I'm convinced that Fi and Dan always shout when we go out to eat as they did tonight so I'm officially recording here on the blog that it's my shout next time.



1 comment:

G said...

I like Japanese food... why didn't I have Japanese food?