Tuesday 25 June 2013

Pork Butt Tortillas (by G)

I enjoyed cooking with the pork collar-butt that was used in the curry last night - it tendered up good in a pretty short time - so I thought it would be good to use in tortillas.  Confusingly the collar-butt is a cut from the neck of the pig (apparently).

As I'm still very tired and lazy I went with a classic tortilla combo. Pork, onions, paprika, cumin, diced tomatoes, chicken stock simmered for a long time and mashed.  The salsa is a mix of coriander, cucumber, red onion and some red capsicum seasoned with salt and lime juice.

I thought these tortillas were pretty tasty... a bit of a pain in the neck for the pig though.

1 comment:

Biggs said...

I like pork. I like tortillas. I like pork tortillas.

I think special mention must go to Suse the Lazy Susan who has made Tortilla Tuesdays a lot easier during the construction/eating stage.