Saturday 22 June 2013

Beef Short Ribs (by G)

This is the 100th post for Tortilla Tuesday so I thought it should be something special - when I saw beef short ribs for sale I jumped on them (well, I just bought them but I was pretty happy about it because I don't see them in the supermarket very often).

These ribs were simmered in the slow cooker for 5 hours - I'd saved the braising liquid from the pork belly adobo (as 10 people worldwide will be aware Biggs and I enjoyed that particular dinner on 03/05/2013) - the ribs got so tender that the bones slid out of their own accord.  After frying them off for a couple of minutes they were glazed with a mix of tomato ketchup, sriracha, tamarind paste, apple cider vinegar, miso paste, honey, sugar and toasted sesame seeds.

For sides there was creamy mashed potato, blanched spinach and crispy sweet potato chips. I was pleased with the way everything came out - particularly the ribs, tender and flavourful, a perfect pairing with mashed potato.



No comments: