Friday 14 June 2013

Pasta with Feta and Capers (by Biggs)

I had a specific plan for dinner tonight but a random series of events prevailed resulting in me being home later than expected, very very tired and feeling very very lazy. So, a new plan came together fairly quickly after checking out the contents of the fridge/pantry.

Dinner is a simple bow-tie pasta with a tomato-based sauce flavoured with capers, roasted capsicum (from a jar), feta, oregano and pepper. I also couldn't resist the lurid green habanero chilli sauce I found in the fridge. A wacky decision I know but a few drops really provided a nice warming finish to every bite. It would have been better if I'd gone downstairs and picked some basil from the herb garden but, like I mentioned....very very lazy. Instead I chopped up some shallots. They didn't go very well with the dish but....they need to be used.

I was worried the sauce would be way too salty but once the pasta was added, along with a slosh of starchy pasta water, and a glass of red wine was poured, all was well.

No comments: