Monday 24 June 2013

Curry Duo (by G)

It was time to use up some left over meat so I got some lamb mince and an irregular bit of pork neck out of the freezer. I wasn't sure what to do with it but, at some point today, hit on a duo of curry.

For the lamb curry I fried off the meat, some onion and garlic with the following powders - coriander, cumin, turmeric and garam masala, some salt and pepper, dried chilli flakes and some tinned tomatoes. Spinach and  peas were added at the end.

For the pork curry, the pieces of pork were simmered in plain water for about an hour until tender then added to a blended and fried mix of Thai chilies, lemon grass, kaffia lime leaves, spring onions, sesame and vegetable oils. Once that looked okay I added some fish sauce, coconut cream, green beans and lime juice.

The yin and yang curry combination was pretty good - the pork was nice and tender, quite rich with the coconut cream.

1 comment:

Biggs said...

This was great for a Winter night.

The pork was rich, the lamb spicy.

It all got a bit too hot for me in the end but I struggled through to great benefit.