Sunday 2 June 2013

Breasts (by G)

As Biggs is coming out of early retirement tomorrow I thought it might be nice to make her something special for her last meal.  I was looking for Quail marylands at the supermarket but they only had breasts so I went with that.

I marinated the breasts oil, garlic, fresh chilli, spring onion and coriander. I'm not a big fan of super rare quail but didn't want to over cook them so I put them in a super hot pan skin side down for a couple of minutes then kept them moving after that until they appeared not raw. I was pretty happy with the result.

The salad is just a packet salad mix with cucumber, red and orange capsicum, coriander added and a dressing of lemon infused olive oil, cider vinegar and lime juice.  Unseen is a dipping sauce of sour cream and sriracha.

Biggs was unsure what the protein nuggets were, 'Are they innards?'.  The second guess was heart of some kind.  On tasting she settled on chicken... so if you're ever feeding Biggs I'd recommend cooking chicken and calling it quail.


1 comment:

Biggs said...

G is a douche but I guess I do come across as a bit of a wiener adult not knowing my favourite feathery protein. But, I got caught up in the panic of him one day feeding me innards....or chicken.

This was tasty and fresh and wonderful and I am happy. Quail is fucking tops. I notice G didn't use any sriracha which must mean it tasted good. The homegrown chilli sure helped (that's all profit).