Friday 14 June 2013

Lamb Pizza (by G)

Still in the spirit of using leftover meats tonight I had to use lamb mince - and I wanted to make something that actually looked good damn it! The night before I'd seen a show where a couple of wacky funsters are travelling through 6 countries and showcasing a spice in each one - the show I saw was cumin in Turkey - they made lamb pizzas so I decided to rip that off as cumin is my favourite spice.

I fried the mince off with garlic, green chilli and a small white onion (finely chopped) added ground coriander root, paprika and a lot of cumin.  When the mince was brown I spread it on a commercial tortilla with tomato paste then baked in the oven for, oh I'd say... a little too long. The tortilla got a bit dark and super crispy.

Once cooked the pizzas were topped off with thinly sliced red capsicum, rocket and sliced olives.  The pizzas were really good - could have had a bit more cumin though.  I drizzled a little sriracha on the second pizza and that was even better.



No comments: