Tuesday 18 June 2013

BBQ Chicken Tortillas (by G)

I bought a barbecue chicken on my way home from work thinking I would give myself an easier time making tortillas this Tuesday... I was wrong... it didn't save much time, but it was an interesting new tortialla variety.

For the chicken I just cut the breast and thighs into cubes, quick marinaded them in the reddish looking stuff with the Korean writing on the container that we have in our fridge and soy sauce then re-warmed it in the oven.

The salsa comprises finely chopped coriander, red onion and red capsicum flavoured with salt, rice wine vinegar and lime juice.

I also did a mild hot sauce of rice wine vinegar, soy sauce, sugar, sriracha and some other chilli sauce that Biggs (I think) bought from the good folk at the Bun Mobile.

The tortillas were not quite right (at least I know what I did wrong - too much baking powder) and the barbecue flavour of the chicken was a bit lost... I'd have a variation of these tortillas again though. 7.775 out of 10.

1 comment:

Biggs said...

This was great. I did comment to G that this tasted like the McDonalds of the tortilla world but it was a compliment. Warm and comforting and calorie inducing.