Saturday 15 June 2013

Pork San Choy Bow (By Biggs)

This is what I meant to have for dinner last night. Today went a lot more smoothly so I had time to head down to the butcher and grocer. $8 later and I had the fixings for at least two nights worth of San Choy Bow. Stick that food cost in your pipe and smoke it, Curtis Stone!

After a vet visit today I also tried my hand at raw canine antibiotic meatballs (made for dogs not from dogs) and my friend Patrick the Dog thought they were excellent. However, my dinner was even better!

Non-traditional in that I fried off the rest of this week's eggplant with the pork mince - it had to be used up and I thought it would add a nice smoky flavour which it did. Then I added onion, garlic, shitake mushrooms, shallots, capsicum, bamboo shoots and chilli along with soy sauce, oyster sauce, rice wine vinegar and sesame oil. The hardest part was working out how to spell San Choy Bow....and, I still don't know.


No comments: