Sunday 30 June 2013

Slow Braised Pork with Fire Apple Chutney (by G)

I have one massive disappointment to get off my chest - I bought big chunky strips of pork ribs (from a butcher) and only discovered when I went to cook them today that the skin had been removed... no crackle!

The meal is rindless pork ribs braised in cider, miso, apple cider vinegar and thai chilies served with potato salad, radicchio and apple chutney.  The potato salad and apple chutney were particularly good in my opinion.  The salad has potatoes, mayonnaise, dill pickle, dill and capers - the chutney consisted of apples chunks simmered for a couple of hours in apple cider, dried chilli flakes, hot curry powder and a touch of sugar.

The radicchio was as bitter and unpleasant as I get when my pork has no crackle.

1 comment:

Biggs said...

This was a splendid Sunday night dinner.

The pork was so good I almost didn't miss the crackle. An excellent use of cider...a drink that doesn't usually thrill me. G did an amazing job on the potato salad and fire apple chutney. I actually think potato salad might be G's signature dish.

The combination was swell.

I don't really need to meet Mr Radicchio ever again in my life.