Thursday 20 June 2013

Falafel Kebab (by Biggs)

Everyone needs a party trick and mine is making kebabs. My first job when I moved out of home was working in the local kebab shop and it's probably the most useful skill I've learnt in my 32 years on this earth.

Due to mid-week laziness I didn't make the falafels or the tabouli but don't doubt me for a second....I can make the shit out of them if required. These were "large falafel with cheese, tabouli, tomato, extra mushrooms, olives, jalapenos, yoghurt garlic and chilli sauce, please". Or, if you're G "TWO large falafels with cheese, tablouli, tomato, extra mushrooms, olives, jalapenos, yoghurt garlic and chilli sauce, please".

Just like a magician I'm unfortunately unable to disclose how the kebab trick works but just rest assured - they were awesome.

My one minor tidbit is, that if you're going to make kebabs you must, must, must use Byblos Bakery Original Lebanese Bread. It's "Ideal for Kebabs!" and they "cater for businesses, fetes, functions and festivals" so you can't go wrong.



1 comment:

G said...

I was a bit dubious when Biggs presented me with a vegetarian kebab tonight (I had a traumatic non-pork kebab experience one time) - like a dick I'd forgotten that Biggs was once a professional cook. It gave me goosebumps when I was reminded of this hidden talent.

The kebabs were fucking awesome for reasons 3.

1) They were fucking tasty.
2) There was no lettuce on the kebabs.
3) The kebabs were not soggy
3(a) They were crispy.

Best vegetarian meal in living memory.