Sunday 23 June 2013

Thịt Nướng (by G).

I was looking around the internet last night and found this Vietnamese grilled pork dish.  I bought a big chunk of pork neck from the butcher and sliced up most of it and marinaded it in a mix of shallots, garlic, lemongrass, sugar, salt, pepper, honey, fish sauce, sesame seeds, sesame oil, vegetable oil and my old friend Monosodium Glutamate. I also found one of those hinged meat barbecuing cages in the grocery store today so I was able to grill the meat to perfection over charcoal.

The meat would usually be served over rice noodles but I was excited by a new hot and spicy variety of instant noodles and have been looking for an opportunity to use them for a couple of weeks. Sadly I might have been a bit cautious in trying to keep the spice of the noodles in check and they ended up tasting like regular plain noodles.


1 comment:

Biggs said...

The pork in this dish was excellent. It tasted exactly like the sweet savoury charred grilled pork you get in bun cha.

As for those of you who are frowning about the MSG, I trust David Chang's opinion more than yours:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ji74pUeMayg