Monday 3 June 2013

Porky Rice (by G)

As unpleasant as this looks this was pretty awesome. There were 3 types of pork in the freezer so I thought I would throw them all into one dish and, as Biggs is out for the evening, I can bust out the rice.

I fried off some bacon and pork mince, added some spring onions and yellow capsicum. Once the mince was brown I threw in some rice that I'd cooked previously and dried out a little in the oven then cooked the shit out of it at maximum heat adding just a splash of light soy sauce and sesame oil at the end.  The rice was topped with left over carnita meat and zucchini.

In hindsight it was a mistake to top the rice with anything - the rice alone was most excellent, crispy and chewy and savoury good. I've tried fried rice many times in the past and only done it correctly once before so I'm super pleased with the result tonight.



No comments: