Tuesday 11 June 2013

Quesadillas Rancheros (by G)

I was looking around for something new to do with tortillas and came across 'Quesadillas Rancheros'. Basically they are normal quesadillas with an egg on top - genius.

I thought maybe that would not be too substantial so I got a can of refried beans and fried it off with blended red onion, coriander, tomato and lim juice then spread this mix onto the tortillas before topping with a helping of cheese and another tortilla then fried them off. Some of the red onion and coriander mix was held aside for extra sauce.

This was a nice, savoury Mexican style dinner and only 3 1/2 calories per serving.


1 comment:

Biggs said...

Even though I am house-sitting this week and am seemingly able to feed myself I headed home for dinner on this Tortilla Tuesday. Excellent decision on my part.