Saturday 15 June 2013

Chilli Fries (by G)

As Biggs was returning the next day I thought I should live a little and make chilli fries. We had this some time ago and I think it nearly killed Biggs - it was, to put it mildly, quite hot.

This one is a mix of fried onion, garlic, beef mince, green chillies, dried red chilli flakes, paprika, pepper, whole thai chillies, kidney beans and tinned tomatoes... in short, I don't know how to make proper chilli.  This one turned out a bit more like a pasta sauce than a chilli (with all the tomatoes).

It was hot though - and filling. There is a layer of grated cheddar cheese between the fries and the chilli. I also made the inspired decision to put a couple of warmed factory tortillas down first to catch any stray mince - with the added bonus of saving on washing up.

Apologies for getting this one in late, but I'm sure anyone tuning in earlier would have enjoyed the place holding picture of 'Naked Bourdain and His Massive Bone'.

*** Actually, now that I think on it - it was chilli dogs that nearly killed Biggs. There is some left over chilli and it has been a while since we had chilli dogs...



No comments: