Thursday 27 June 2013

Philly-style Cheese Steak (by G)

Some time ago a Philly Cheese Steak place opened up in West End. I was so looking forward to going but, ultimately, the Cheese Steaks were disappointing (the onion rings were good though).

Tonight I made the Cheese Steak just the way I like it - cheesy and steaky.  First I fried off some thin sizzle steaks (I'm not sure exactly what part of the cow is the sizzle) then removed them from the pan and fried off a mix of red onion, red capsicum and some left over spring onions.  When they were tender I added strips of the cooked steak back into the pan and fried off for a few minutes then added a lot of cheese... a lot.

The steak mix was piled into some soft, cheap, cancer causing white hot-dog rolls and served with a side of oven fries.  I added some pickled jalapeno slices to mine but left them off Biggss's (shown below).


1 comment:

Biggs said...

I was going to say the exact same thing about the Philly Cheese Steak place in West End....these were a billion times better and the best meal we've had since Korean Style Beef Tortillas back on the 4th. Awesome.