Monday 1 July 2013

Samoan Chop Suey (by G)

I heard Biggs was not feeling well so I made what is referred to as Samoan Chicken Soup due to it's mythical restorative properties... okay, I'm bullshitting - one of the women I sit next to at work had Chop Suey for lunch the other day and it smelled pretty good.

The version I made had onions, garlic, ginger and beef mince fried off then some water and soy sauce, rice noodles and some vegetable, then another half a cup of soy sauce(!), ketjap manis, vegetable stock powder then simmer for 15 minutes.

The result is definitely salty but pretty tasty and warming.

1 comment:

Biggs said...

I'm not well. And, do feel marginally better after eating Samoan Chop Suey. It was salty and yum. I'm very glad there are left overs.

I'm not quite sure what makes a Chop Suey a Chop Suey so I had a quick look at the Chop Suey Wiki page and learnt that despite what it looks like it's actually a song by System of a Down....tasty.