Sunday 14 July 2013

Vietnamese Rice Noodle Salad (by Biggs)

Well, I'm boned.

For the past few years I've had the luxury of being fed almost every night by G but he's heading overseas soon and I have to fend for myself. He's heading off on Wednesday night but until then I'm house-sitting a friend's house so for the next couple of months I'm feeding myself.

I like cooking for friends and cooking on the weekends but coming home every night after work and making dinner doesn't thrill me so prepare yourselves for lots of simple pastas, things on toast and take-away.

I thought I'd ease myself into it tonight with take-away - a huge Vietnamese rice-noodle salad with beef, prawns and spring rolls. It was super tasty - cooking it myself would have taken three times as long and would have cost three times as much.

1 comment:

G said...

I'm pleased that even professionally cooked meat can sometimes look like dog leavings when photographed. I'm sure it was tasty though.