Thursday 11 July 2013

Five Vegetable Stir-Fry (by Biggs)

G likes his food items to be of an odd number so tonight we have a five vegetable stir-fry - baby buk choy, carrot, beans, capsicum and mushrooms.

When I first moved out of home a staple meal of mine was udon noodles with carrot, snow peas and hoisin sauce. It wasn't until Dad first came to visit that I realised it was a bit shit. I proudly presented him with the dish and he couldn't hide his disgust in being served a 100g bowl of overcooked noodles and a few watery veggies.

I've since updated the meal with more veggies, noddles cooked correctly and at least an attempt at flavour - sesame, soy, rice wine vinegar, garlic and toasted sesame seeds - I forgot to buy ginger. Stir and fry!

1 comment:

G said...

I do not like my foods in odd numbers, quite the opposite. Apart from the number of varieties of cheese on a cheese platter all foods should be in even numbers - two eggs, two pieces of toast, two sushi rolls etc... but I digress. I love udon noodles and a hit of vegetables is the only thing between me and a bad bout of gout at the moment.