Sunday 21 July 2013

Vegetable Stir-Fry with Noodles (by Biggs)

On our way back from Howard today Kristy, Phil and I decided to stop by a roadside fruit and vegetable stall just outside Tinana. Kristy and Phil bought about 15 avocados for $5 and a bunch of other things and I picked up bags of onions, carrot, zucchini, mushrooms, snow peas and a broccoli for about $10.

After a weekend of fatty, sugary, alcoholic sins I was keen to leach them all out through the power of vegetables. I fried them up with some sesame oil, soy and oyster sauce and served them on Mi-Goreng noodles. The freshness of the vegetables and the zing from the chilli in the noodles made me feel a whole lot better about life.

I considered fying an egg to top off this dish but decided I probably didn't need another hit of cholesterol this weekend.


3 comments:

Anita said...

Do you mean the fruit and vege stall outside Tiaro?

Biggs said...

Maybe, isn't Tiaro just outside Tinana? Clearly I've lost my knowledge of the lay of the land. Either way, the veges were delicious and excellent!

Tortilla Tuesday said...

Wow! A rare comment... and it turns out to be a geography lesson - interesting.