Tuesday 9 July 2013

Chicken Tikka Tortillas (by G)

There are a lot of wacky fusion tortillas going around these days so I decided to come up with one of my own.  Is it wrong to cook something just because it is alliterative.

Basically I cooked chicken tikka masala, some salsa with cucumber, capsicum, coriander and red onion and some tortillas then put the former two on the latter and ate them - Biggs did likewise.

For the chicken tikka I marinaded chicken in cream (I forgot to get yoghurt), cumin, salt, black pepper, cayenne pepper, lemon juice and ginger.  After that had marinated for 1 hour I fried off the chicken and added it to a mix of fried garlic and jalapeno (fried in butter) more cumin, some paprika, more cream and some tomato sauce.

As far a fusion goes, this was a pretty good combination.


1 comment:

Biggs said...

This. Was. Good. It was so good I was going to go back in the blog archives to find out when we last had a meal this good....then I got lazy. Dinner was brilliant. The chicken tikka mix was beautiful. The tortillas were slightly doughy making them like chapati which I thought was a clever fusion trick....turns out it was just a happy happy accident.