Thursday 25 July 2013

Rot Fai Cuak Jim - I think (by G)

Biggs showcased Queensland Rail dinner fare recently so I counter with the below from Thai Rail (I copied the name of it onto a business card on the train and it got a bit squiggly so I can't be sure that's what it really is but that's what I've written.

In hindsight I would probably not have selected this option - seafood on a train does not seem like a good idea. The reason I piked it was because on the menu it was headed 'Spicy' - I glossed over the 'lightly stewed seafood and chicken or pork'. It was actually not too bad, though I'm still unsure whether that was chicken or pork with the prawns and calamari. It came with two types of mushrooms the dark re-hydrated ones at the back and the rubbery honeycomb (tripey looking) ones to the left.

There was plentiful beer to wash down any strange textures and the train journey was excellent so I have no complaints.


No comments: