Wednesday 31 July 2013

Tuna and Rice (by Biggs)

Many years ago my friend Aaron taught me his standard bachelor meal of tinned tuna on rice and I was immediately hooked. I went on to eat versions of this dinner at least once a week until I moved in with G and he started feeding me. Given G is overseas at the moment I thought it was time to pull this one out of the vault.

I'm sure I've bastardised the original "recipe" over the years but the general concept is rice topped with steamed snow peas, tinned tuna and a dressing of garlic, ginger, soy sauce, sesame seeds and sesame oil. I also cut up some out-of-date nori and sprinkled it over the top.

I know the usual bachelor meal is something more along the lines of a microwaved pie but Aaron is a classy dude......and now, so am I.

Perhaps a pie tomorrow night....

No comments: