Saturday 20 July 2013

Creamy Farmhouse Chicken with Vegetables (by Biggs)

Tonight I was at the Burrum District Coal Discovery Festival Old Time Dinner Dance....bet you didn't think I was going to say that.

Dinner was prepped by the Howard Community Centre ladies and was excellent. It was almost the exact same dinner as last night but worlds apart in execution and flavour. The chicken was excellent....probably because it was farmhouse.

Kabana, cheese and pickled onions were served with Jatz for entree which is exactly what you'd expect of any small town dinner dance and that made me happy.

Dessert was a cream horn (look it up), I'm not dessert folk so I'll call on my learned friend Anita on this one "I didn't even choose a dessert and I love desserts which really says something about the desserts". The cream horn was pure cream and Kristy says the apple crumble was pure brown sugar.

As you can see, this was all served with a VB. The choice was XXXX or VB. Yep. All in all, an EXCELLENT night.

No comments: