Monday 29 July 2013

Shabu Shabu Train (by G)

I visited a shopping complex in Bangkok and saw they had (what I thought was) a sushi train - there are a lot of Japanese restaurants in the area. I thought it would be nice to have some sushi for a change.

I should wear my glasses more often because it turned out to be an all you can eat shabu shabu train.  I think it was all you can eat for an hour or an hour and a half but I was done after about 40 minutes.  For those unfamiliar with the concept, you sit at a food train with an induction fired bowl of broth in front of you and help yourself to the meats and vegetables that pass by.  I realise my photo is not very informative or interesting but I kind of forgot the concept of photography once I started hooking in.  Shown are chicken, beef, prawns and cabbage. I also had bacon, pork, these little nugget I'm not sure what are but I think were battered fish that I liked so much I had 4 plate of them, something offally - liver I think - I may not have cooked it to perfection and it was quite unpleasant but that was the only thing I didn't like.

I forget how much I paid for this, but it was only a few dollars. Excellent experience - I'd recommend it, maybe take some friends with you though.

1 comment:

Biggs said...

We both had Sushi this night.