Friday 5 July 2013

Tarragon Macaroni and Cheese (by G)

We ate a VAST amount of cheese last night but still had some left over so the the logical meal to cook is macaroni and cheese.  I found an interesting recipe and thought I'd give it a shot.  Onion, bacon and mushrooms were fried off in butter (the mushrooms were not in the recipe but they were in the fridge) then flour was added and cooked off, then salt, pepper, garlic powder, fresh tarragon, and milk was added. I couldn't find mustard powder so I added grain mustard.

After simmering the bechamel for about 10 minutes a mix of cheese was added and then the mix was added to some curly macaroni then topped off with some buttery panko bread crumbs and baked in the oven.

This turned out to be one of my least favorite macaroni and  cheese of all time - I think I added too much tarragon.

1 comment:

Biggs said...

I honestly believed the statement "everything's better with bacon" until tonight. The bacon was outwitted by the tarragon which is a shame. I'm still going to have seconds but am going to salt mine up a tad and trick it with sriracha just like G taught me.