Friday 19 July 2013

Chilli Crab (by G)

Here I made a little misstep in that in the mid-afternoon I decided to head back to my hotel for a quick nap before dinner, on my way I decided to stop off for a quick beer, which turned into 3 633ml Tiger beers.  Subsequently, instead of waking for my nap at 5:30 it was 9:30 before I woke up and, while not a late hour to head out for dinner in Singapore, was a little late to do what I'd planned and head into Chinatown for another Singapore favorite - Chilli Crab.

After I missed the first but to Chinatown I decided it would be prudent to find a place around Geylang that served Chilli Crab (and there are a multitude anywhere you go in Singapore).

I decided on a place at random - the picture of the crab looked very tempting, red with fresh salad and inviting looking.  When it came though it looked as it does below except oilier - it was literally swimming in oil which is not exactly what I was looking for.

It was okay though 3 little crabs and some fat rice noodles and onion - I got a serve of spring rolls on the side which were good for dipping in the oil.  This was a relatively expensive meal that I would have hoped would be better. Good news is that the large quantity of crab shell I ingested is good for my beak and feathers.



No comments: