Tuesday 2 July 2013

Mexican Bean Tortilla Stack (by G)

Today the goal was to cook authentic Mexican Bean Tortillas, but for the life of me I couldn't find the taco powder that the recipe called for... seriously I could not find it.

Instead I fried off some red onion and garlic, added chopped coriander stems, tinned kidney beans, half a tin of tomatoes, a fresh tomato, dried chilli flakes, paprika, white pepper, cayenne pepper, vegetable stock powder and water. Once the beans were simmered soft I mashed it all into a mush.  The tortillas turned out not to be the folding kind so I stacked them up with some of the bean mix and green capsicum, topped them off with cheese and oven baked them.  A little coriander and jar salsa for garnish and there you have it.

Since Biggs complained about missing out on heat when I cook I've been ramping up the chilli level in increments - unfortunately she's already hit her limit...


1 comment:

Biggs said...

Tortillas are always tasty but the combination of still being sick and G ramping up the chilli resulted in me not being able to taste anything at all...except of course the hot bit.

I like that these tortillas ended more more authentic with G not being able to navigate his way to the taco powder in the supermarket.