Wednesday 24 July 2013

Deluxe Pork Chop Rice (by G)

I don't feel as though I'm showcasing the culinary merits of Penang very well - it was Ramadan and I place a lot of blame on that fact for not eating better. I had selected a hawker center to have dinner because it had a range of Penang specialties, once again I turned up and the whole place was closed down - to get to little India where there is some excellent food would have been a bit of a walk in the opposite direction so I opted for a dingy Chinese place next to the food center - to be fair, I had spent the day wandering all around the island and grazing on samosas - I ate at least 12 samosas of varying sizes and shapes from at least 6 vendors - so dinner was not a huge priority.

Deluxe Pork chop rice is a battered pork chop with almost not too sweet sauce and over cooked rice with a side of sad salad vegetables. It was okay, the beer was cold.



No comments: