Friday 14 March 2014

Cochifrito (by Biggs)

I wanted something a bit different but a bit simple for dinner so referred to our copy of "A Little Taste of Spain" and found the very meat-centric dish of cochifrito.

I didn't really read the recipe before making dinner and was surprised the ingredients were so basic - no salt, no pepper, no stock. I was immediately suspicious of the recipe and turned to the trusty internet. Turns out every recipe for cochifrito is exactly the same - lamb, onion, garlic, paprika fried off, covered with water and lemon juice to simmer for a couple of hours, then parsley mixed through.

There was no indication in any of the recipes on what to serve with the cochifrito so I went with bread. Not terrible, though I think the lemon flavour shocked G a little for his first bite.

1 comment:

G said...

I was certainly surprised by the flavour of this one. I was expecting a really savoury, meaty thing. Instead it was lemony. I'm not sure how I feel about that...