Tuesday 4 March 2014

Crumbed Zucchini Tacos (by Biggs)

I heard recently of a hipster Mexican place down in Melbourne called Fonda so decided to check out the menu and noticed this little number...Crumbed Zucchini Tacos with charred corn, pico de gallo and salsa rajo.

First came the crumbed zucchini - I crumbed some zucchini. I mixed some paprika and cumin in with the crumbing mix and plenty of salt and pepper. There was almost a disaster when I noticed some asshole moths had eaten all our breadcrumbs and replaced them with baby moths but fortunately there were some panko breadcrumbs that the moths weren't quite as keen on.

Next was charred corn - I charred some corn.

Then was the pico de gallo - I pico-ed some de gallo....tomatoes, jalapeno, coriander, red onion, salt, lime and some left over capsicum. Note-worthy is that today I read that the "Centers for Disease Control reported that between 1998 and 2008, 1 out of 25 restaurant-associated foodbourne illnesses in the United States, with identified food sources, had been traced back to" pico de gallo. Lucky we're not in a restaurant in the States.

Lastly was the salsa rojo - I salsa-ed some rojo. I salsa-ed it good. Real good. I'm not giving this recipe away. It's too special to leave anywhere but in my Will.

I was pretty worried about dinner because on the weekend G engaged Nita in a impassioned conversation about his dislike of zucchini and I knew this dinner was coming. Lucky it was deep-fried.

1 comment:

G said...

I didn't say I hated zucchini, I said it was hard to like. After tonight's dinner it is less hard to like than ever before.

The hot sauce was very good - I won't tell you how good, that's as secret as the recipe.