Monday 3 March 2014

Indian Lamb Chops, Paneer Spinach, Cauliflower Aloo Gobi and Corn Fritters (by G)

I feel a bit bad for Biggs tonight, I think she thought we were going to have bratwursts and sauerkraut for dinner - instead we had an Indian style ensemble. I don't know why I had two racks of lamb delivered last week, probably my error this time, but it happened - so we had to eat it.

I marinated the lamb chops in a ginger, garlic, turmeric, coriander, garam masala, salt and yoghurt mix then bunged them in the oven and finished them off under the griller to ensure the fat was completely rendered. I also had a bunch of other stuff that needed eating - spinach, corn and cauliflower specifically.

The cauliflower was mixed in garlic, ginger, chilli, cumin seeds, turmeric and such like things then topped with paneer and oven baked.

The spinach was pan fried with a combo of ginger, garlic, chilli, coriander, turmeric, garam masala then a little yoghurt was mixed through - also some paneer cheese.

The corn fritter was off the top of my head - pea flour, coriander, an egg, some yoghurt, turmeric, cumin, corn, salt, a little water to thin it down then heat applied. This was my favourite element of dinner - (chick) pea flour is awesome.  The lamb was a bit flavourless - actually it tasted a lot like lamb, which is fine I guess - but I was aiming to have it taste of something else.

I was hoping for a better photo, but I accidently added the garnishing coriander to the fritters, so it turned out a bit shit looking... a sprig of coriander totally would have fixed that.

1 comment:

Biggs said...

Ah yes, I did think G was going to bring the German Club to me tonight however Indian is a good back up.

This dinner was so good I didn't even have a favourite. Although, I do have a forkful or two of spinach still left to eat.