Tuesday 11 March 2014

German Style Tortillas (by G)

I had a fair bit of homemade sauerkraut left so I thought I should offload some of it into Biggs' belly. I tried to find a German style beef mince recipe to have on tortillas so I could use some beef mince, most German style beef mince recipes appear to be a mix of onion, garlic, pepper, salt and not much else so I did that and added some caraway seeds for a little bit more flavour and an egg to bind it.

The original intention was to make some mini kofta style sausages but the egg didn't come through for me so I broke them up a bit into lumps. For additional authenticity I mixed some paprika through some sour cream to top the tortillas with.

All in all, these tortillas were very filling - in that, at least, they were pretty authentically German.


1 comment:

Biggs said...

These were different, different is good. They didn't taste as upside down as they appear in the photo. They definitely were filling though.

Impressive homemade sauerkraut. G managed to take the cabbage taste out cabbage which I greatly appreciated.