Monday 31 March 2014

Pork Chop with Chorizo Fried Rice (by G)

Work today was a bit draining and I was absolutely wrecked by the time I got home. Luckily I predicted I would be pretty fucked by the time I got home so I scaled back whatever plans I already had for dinner and decided to just fry pork chops and make fried rice.

I figured chorizo would make Biggs happy so I got a chorizo and a packet of some kind of finely chopped coleslaw salad in a packed (reduced to clear).  Ironically I forgot to buy rice to make the fried rice with.  In the end I tried to make it with sushi rice - which was a bit of a pain in the ass because sushi rice is not designed to be fried.  I managed to get it dry and unsticky enough to fry by rinsing it a few times after it had been boiled and oven baking it at a low temperature for about an hour.

Not much more to say about this one - it was pretty good. the rind didn't crackle, we had half a chorizo each for dessert. Biggs is dining out tomorrow so stay tuned to see how lazy I get tomorrow.

1 comment:

Biggs said...

Chorizo did make me happy, as did the pork chop. Dinner was very satisfying. The chorizo dessert even more satisfying.

I would like to challenge G's claim that sushi can't be fried. The sushi place near my work prides themselves on deep-fried sushi. I'm yet to try it....but, it's a thing.