Saturday 22 March 2014

Roti-I-Roll (by Biggs)

At some stage last year I promised on the blog that I would eat at Roti-I-Roll out near my friend Bonnie's house and tonight was the night. 

Roti-I-Roll is a little cafe on a main road in Manly West boasting English Breakfasts, Caribbean Roti as well as Malaysian and Japanese food. Who wouldn't be intrigued.....well, intrigued and dubious. 

We ordered a beef Caribbean Roti and a Chicken Char Kwai Teow. The roti was a beef and potato curry wrapped in a....roti. It was sensational. The char kwai Teow was a flat rice noodle with Malaysian spicy goodness. Also, sensational. I really can't fault dinner. Delicious. 

I'll have to go back at some stage as I was most intrigued by the dessert menu that includes:
  • Saucy dumplings
  • Fried Tempura Ice Cream
  • Bacon Butty
  • Egg Butty 
  • Bacon and Egg Butty 
I really could have done with a bacon and egg butty for dessert. 

Five stars Roti-I-Roll. Five stars. 

No comments: