Saturday 22 March 2014

Spicy Pork and Noodle Joy (by G)

It has been a theme in the past that when Biggs is away G eats sausages. Lately I've changed that up a bit by eating pork ribs.

Tonight I marinated thinishly sliced pork ribs in Korean hot red bean paste, soy sauce, ketjap manis, sriracha, garlic, fresh red chilli and rice wine vinegar then fried the little pieces at super high heat. That was going well for a bit, but then the meat started to stew. Not to worry, to the cooked pork I added little pieces of ramen noodle and a bunch of lettuce.

I've never cooked lettuce before, I've heard it can be done. I think it is weird because it shrinks down to virtually nothing but it was okay.

Dinner was not nose bleed spicy but it did make me a little breathless. I like that the crackle in the photo below looks like the tentacles of an alien.

No comments: