Saturday 7 June 2014

BBQ (by Biggs)

Tonight I had dinner with some old work friends and the plan was BBQ.

I was really impressed with both the quantity and variety of food that came together with seemingly little effort. I'm sure that's not true but I sure didn't put in any effort.

The variety of meats included rissoles, chicken wings, sausages and a massive slab of cow that some people thought was underdone but I thought was pretty good. Chef Noel was going to cook some slices a bit further but then the BBQ stopped working. I'm really glad it didn't stop working earlier in the day.

Sides were some pretty special vegetables - BBQd potatoes, mashed sweet potatoes with chutney, spinach with garlic and cream and haloumi with sesame seeds.

My feeble contribution to dinner was breadrolls....I didn't bother eating any.

Delicious.

No comments: