Tuesday 17 June 2014

Pork Tacos with Refried Beans and Avocado Green Salad (by Biggs)

Jamie Oliver calls this recipe 'ultimate pork tacos with spicy black beans and avocado green salad' but I couldn't find any black beans and 'ultimate' is probably a bit beyond me. It was good though.

The pork was diced and fried with paprika and fennel seeds. I used a can of refried beans and cooked them up with spring onions, garlic and cumin.

The tacos were also served with an ungainly Jamie-style salad of lettuce, coriander, avocado, tomato, chili, apple, soy sauce and lime.

The chilies were thanks to Nancy who sent me home with some treats last night. I made G try them for heat and he suggested they were probably just capsicums.....he was wrong, my brain almost exploded.

Whilst this wasn't a 30 minute meal I thought I'd give it a crack within half and hour anyway. G was surprisingly tolerant of dinner being 5 minutes and 35 seconds late.

Editors note: This is in fact a Jamie Oliver 15 minute meal so apologies to our readership for Biggs' stupidity, the recipe is also grossly misrepresented so apologies to Mr O too.

1 comment:

G said...

I don't know what Biggs did with the extra 5 minutes and 35 seconds, but it was worth it.

I liked the reheated refried beans. I've never thought to add flavourings to refried beans.