Wednesday 18 June 2014

Pork Chop with Potato Shredlings and Lettuce (by G)

Somehow I misunderstood Biggs' complicated dining schedule (it's probably not that complicated but I forgot it anyway) and was not expecting her home for dinner tonight and subsequently did not plan to make anything too palatable.

The main part of dinner was just a pork chop (each) moderately heavily salted and dusted with white pepper, then pan fried, then finished in the oven - where the rind was already crackling.

I had planned to do a kind of potato and carrot rosti with chorizo and onion shallot but I burned it at the critical moment. After I had turned it out and picked off the crispy black crust I put it back in the pan and stirred it about in an attempt to get crispy little strands of potato. It didn't work out too well crispy wise but the flavour was not too bad once I'd added some packet fried shallots.

Biggs had some leftover lettuce and lime from last night's dinner that she instructed me to use in tonight's dinner so I chopped up some lettuce and added lime juice as a dressing, also some rice wine vinegar and sesame oil. The taste was not quite right so I topped the lettuce with commercial mayonnaise - that fixed it right up.

To tie the meal together I made some gravox brand gravox gravy.

1 comment:

Biggs said...

The potato shredlings were fantastic given their journey.

And, after dinner tonight I've decided pork chops are my death dish. The meal I would most want to eat immediately prior to my death. It use to be bacon and eggs.

Hang on, let me clarify, pork chops with crackling are now my death dish.

I bet G was upset to discover he had to share the pork chops.