Thursday 26 June 2014

Pork chops with Chorizo Fried Potatoes and Snow Peas (by G)

Biggs had advised me earlier in the week that this week is bacon week... or perhaps pork week.  I decided to cover all the bases by having pork chops with a side of bacon.

My original idea was to see what would happen if I slow roasted pork chops instead of quickly pan frying them and finishing them off in the oven. Part way through the day I discovered that Kensington Pride enthusiast and all-round enigmatic character Alex was in town so I invited him over for dinner and decided not to get experimental and just do pork chops the usual way.  Unfortunately I started cooking the chops a bit early and ended up doing a sort of half-slow cook/half fast-cook combo that is probably not the best option.  I also oven baked the side bacon for some reason - it would have been much better just fried.

The potatoes were just par-boiled then fried along with some diced chorizo, onion and garlic. The snow peas were quickly blanched and served for the sole purpose of adding colour and non-porky nutrition.

With this dinner I could have done better but it took very little effort so I guess that is an acceptable compromise.

Alex had suggested he bring a cheese cake for dessert - unfortunately he couldn't get one so he came with a sticky date pudding that serves 8, plus a Vienetta and a family sized block of chocolate.  We all had a slice of Vienetta. I'm not much of one for desserts but this was a pretty good option - creamy and not too sweet.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

and dessert!