Wednesday 4 June 2014

Thai Pork and Vegetables (by G)

My only objective for today was to use some leftover pork neck from Monday. I like watch 'Duncan's Thai Kitchen' most weekends and he seems to cook with pork a bit - unfortunately there are only 2 of his recipes on the entire world wide network and neither of them have pork in them, so I just searched for Thai Pork Neck.

In the end I marinated the pork in brown sugar, oyster sauce, fish sauce, tamarind, garlic, ginger and chilli sauce - then I stewed it in a pan (it was supposed to be fried, but the heat didn't work to optimum capacity). To get the pork a bit browner I chucked it in a super hot oven for about 20 minutes.

The vegetables were really just for bulk. It was just a packet of 'Asian Stir Fry Vegetables' fried in coconut oil (along with garlic, ginger, mushrooms, spring onions and chilli), then simmered in a sauce of coconut milk, fish sauce, lime juice, soy sauce, chilli flakes and brown sugar. Oh, and I also added some cooked rice noodles and then thai basil at the end.

I thought the pork was pretty good. Mostly the pork was good because it was good pork.

1 comment:

Biggs said...

I thought dinner was excellent....it tasted like take-away Chinese. Satisfying. I don't know how he managed to make the sauce stick to the meat like that. Clever.

I also thought G was clever hiding vegetables in vegetables. I decided that I was going to talk to G about portion control tonight but he NAILED IT.

Now it's up to me to keep up the trend.