Friday 13 June 2014

Pizza (by Biggs)

The intention was to order take-away pizzas tonight but then I remembered I was going to make more effort with cooking because you only get a limited number of dinners in a life-time. So, instead, I put together some home-made pizzas. I've been really enjoying making pizzas lately and am slowly getting to be a dab-hand at it.

My last dough was a bit of a disaster but this one was a ripper. It probably helped that I heated the kitchen up a bit frying the toppings.

One pizza was chicken and bacon with some basil, onion and capers. The trick was frying the onions in the bacon fat, then the chicken in the oniony bacon fat.

The other pizza was piled with two types of salami.

The chicken pizza was well and truly my favourite. Unfortunately the first one came out a bit underdone so I had to jam it back in the oven for a bit. Then, the second one I left in the oven for a bit too long so that's a shame. G described the second one as "a bit past it's prime" so I'm off to cry myself to sleep.

PS: Anyone counting along might think this adds up to four pizzas for two people.....but that would awfully gluttonous wouldn't it?

1 comment:

G said...

Pizzas were a delightful surprise after a long Friday of work - well, not a surprise exactly seeing as I already knew we were having pizza - but delightful none-the-less.

The chicken pizza was a good palate cleanser after a few slices of the spicy salami.

I looked up 'dab hand' thinking that it would have an interesting origin - but the origin is unknown. In Italian 'a dab hand' is 'una mano dab'. You could say 'Biggs รจ una mano dab a fare le pizze'.