Monday 16 June 2014

Soba Noodle Bowl (by G)

Biggs was off eating vegetarian tonight so I thought I should do something simple (but tasty for myself).
 
This was a really simple dinner, just a soup made from bacon bones boiled in plain water for about 2 hours. I removed the bones from the water and added in some wholemeal soba noodles, then stripped the little bacon pieces from the bones.
 
Biggs has to get a partial credit for tonight's dinner because she had some mince left over from her dinner the night before. I heated it through, placed it in a bowl, topped it with the noodles and some of the bacon stock then added some goodies. The bacon bits, a boiled egg and a mulch of spring onion, chilli flakes, coriander, garlic, ketjap manis, soy sauce and sesame oil.
 
This was an excellent dinner - though I do say so myself.
 
If I had positioned the egg a bit to the right and rearranged things I could have made dinner look like the cookie monster - life is filled with missed opportunities...
 

No comments: