Monday 23 June 2014

Sausage Gnocchi (by Biggs)

When I was dabbling about on the Jamie Oliver website the other day I noticed this recipe and thought it looked like a cracker.

Alas, something went horribly wrong....I'm just not quite sure what. The sauce was sausage meatballs, fennel, rosemary, red wine and pasata. I can't work out why it tasted so odd in the end.

Perhaps I over-reduced the pasata, perhaps I shouldn't have tried to add flavour (mixed herbs and chili flakes) at the end, perhaps I shouldn't have bought $5 wine. It was most likely the wine, G even asked halfway through dinner if I had added vinegar. No, just cheap wine.

There was also packet gnocchi, some broccoli and yoghurt....none of this helped the situation.

Mr O suggested serving dinner with a kale salad, I served dinner with garlic bread.

1 comment:

G said...

Well... that was an odd one. It was one of the unusualest things I've tasted in a while.

Biggs nailed the garlic bread and in the end that's the most important thing.